Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The world's first 360-degree backflip in a CAR

This is the heart-stopping moment a champion rally driver became the first person to perform a 360-degree backflip in a car.
French daredevil Guerlain Chicherit, 34, sped towards a 25ft high ramp in his specially built Mini Countryman at an exact 37mph.
He then hit the quarter-pipe and took off, soaring 75ft into the air and flipping his car a full 360 degrees backwards.




The professional stunt driver then landed rear wheels first on other side of the specially-made snow ramp the French ski resort of Tignes, in the Alps.
Chicherit's jaw-dropping stunt yesterday was the result of four years of preparation as he became the first person to successfully backflip a car.
He completed the first stunt in private on Sunday morning and then repeated the feat later in front of thousands of fans as a part of event set up by the Monster energy drink.
The rally star said: 'Before the jump it was crazy. I was alone in the car before the start and I just had to do it, everything was ready.
'I had to arrive at 60kph [37mph] and be full throttle in the kicker to get the right rotation.
'In the jump, I knew the balance of the car was good and it took me maybe 20 seconds to realise I had landed on my wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment